Thursday, June 9, 2016

Duck Xing

Duck Xing, so much in such a small phrase. I didn't grow up loving nature, or animals outside of my pet Lab Astro, my rabbits, and guinea pigs, and of course Shamu. I did love the ocean and baseball, so maybe that makes me a nature lover? Over the years I have found my enjoyment and interest in the colorful world of ducks increasing, that's right ducks! When we moved to Richardson Texas and our new backyard became Cottonwood Park that's when my fascination with ducks started. The first sign of ducks was our duck crossing, which I found funny, but over time it became a funky, quirky and necessary part of our new community. We have a large duck population that rules the neighborhood and they seem to know it. As they cross the streets at will knowing that every car will stop and enjoy watching them cross at their own leisure, Mother duck with babies all in a straight line, matching to the beat of their duck world rhythm. It's a nice break in our otherwise busy lives. Nearly every morning we are home we enjoy a peaceful walk around our lake and creek urban oasis,
Now, as we travel around the world it seems that ducks keep popping up, I can't get away from them, not that I would want to. The ducks and I have an understanding, you don't pop on me and I'll take beautiful or at least the best I can produce, photos of the duck nation. It seems to be working out so far. If you follow me on Twitter@BillHamMedia or Instagram BillHamiltonMedia, you can find my postings of our Duck community. May the ducks be with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment