Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Pick Your Place

When I decide where to go and relax I have many options; I can go to California and visit the coast, I can go to Austin Texas and enjoy the river, I can stay in Dallas and chill on a lake, or I can find one particular harbour and sit by the dock in the bay and watch time fade away (yes, I just worked in a song titles by Jimmy Buffett and Otis Redding). Truly my choice will always be to find a bay or beach and melt into the surroundings and forget who I am and who I'm supposed to be, if not for months, then days will have to do. Something happens when I'm in and around the ocean. Maybe it's my connection with nature, God, or maybe I'm just a beach junkie? I would hope it would be because of a more spiritual connection, or maybe because I am a water sign "Pisces". Now, if you believe in the zodiac thing, as a Pisces, I am supposed to enjoy; escaping from reality, sleeping, romance, swimming, and spiritual themes. That's all pretty true! I did grow up in San Diego California where the ocean and boats were a major part of my upbringing. So, I say we blame my parents for being fortunate enough to plant us in one of the most beautiful cities in the world as our background for the influential time in our life. Remember, when ever in doubt blame you parents, childhood, siblings, and the bad luck you had from birth. So, I'm gonna "Thank" my parents for this bad luck I had at birth to have a loving family and the awesome Pacific Ocean as my personal playground for the best years a kid could ever ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment