Monday, October 28, 2013

My Personal Zen





Whenever life gets stressful and too fast, I can find my place of Zen, by either going to yoga for the total relaxation and meditation, or go to my place of peace, tranquility, and a satisfied soul, and for me that’s the beach. I have been very lucky to have walked along some of the most beautiful beaches in the world, and each one has had something of great beauty and enjoyment, and some I have returned to many times. But, the beach I return to quench my thirst, is where I grew up in Southern California. It’s not just my place of origin, it’s what has grounded my soul for decades, and decades, it’s where I go to reconnect and get grounded, the greatness of the Pacific Ocean. Something just clicks when I’m home; it’s a certain rhythm, flow of life, it’s my Zen. I looked at a couple of dictionaries to see what the definition of Zen might be; 1) Zen emphasizes the attainment of enlightenment and personal expression. 2) Zen is a total state of focus that incorporates a total togetherness of body and mind. That’s pretty close to how I feel when I’m at the ocean, but it’s even deeper than that, it’s a feeling that I’m in the presences of God, I’m a part of something greater than myself, something so massive it’s hard to comprehend, it’s powerful and yet beautiful, it’s the entry point to the universe, it seems infinite, it’s  heavenly.  Sun is warm, the sand is soft, and ocean is blue and true.

To view my gallery visit www.billhamiltonmedia.com. All images © Bill Hamilton, All rights reserved, copying and or distributing these images without my permission is strictly prohibited.

No comments:

Post a Comment