Tuesday, October 29, 2013

The Pumpkin Patch and Halloween




Who as a kid or an adult doesn’t or didn’t love the season of fall, because that meant the start of all the fall harvest festivals, culminating in Trick or Treating! Prior to the big event you experienced haunted houses or hayrides, watched scary movies, told ghost stories, and of course visited the local pumpkin patch. I loved it when I was young and really loved it even more when I had smaller kids. The delight and joy of these family moments are what life’s sweet memories are compiled of, that and countless sleepless nights, but I digress. We did enjoy the close feeling of the neighborhood and our was really into Holidays, which made it great for the kids. Our schools, Churches, malls, even our grocery stores had events for the kids, it was a magical time, the cooler weather really helped set the mood. The tradition of craving the pumpkin, and setting them out for display on the front porch was always a highlight. Of course we had the neighbor who did everything bigger, his carved pumpkins were of the highest level of expertise, his Halloween display complete with animation, sound effects, smoke machines, you would think he worked for Disney, but it did enhance everyone’s experience, and memories.  I hope my kids make the fall season from Halloween, to Thanksgiving, Christmas, and into New Years Eve a time filled with making their family memories; I know they are some of my favorites too. 

To view my gallery visit www.billhamiltonmedia.com. All images © Bill Hamilton, All rights reserved, copying and or distributing these images without my permission is strictly prohibited.

No comments:

Post a Comment