Saturday, November 30, 2013

Who's Watching Me?




As a society we have to decide sometime in our life, what do we stand for? Are we a person of integrity? Everyone says they are all about honesty, and integrity. At the same time many people will compromise and adjust there integrity depending the situation. The reality is you either are a person of integrity, or you are not. The question you should ask yourself "who's watching me?"

Every time I make a decision in my life based on an issue of integrity, I ask myself “who's watching.” The answer is my kids, my family and is this the type of choice I want them to model or not? Is this the type of person I want them to be? Is this going to reflect the proper behavior for there life? One could argue that this is more important or has more impact when your family is younger and I would argue this is a life long discipline.

Whenever you make a decision based on integrity, ask "who's watching me?"  The answer is everyone in your world! Your family is observing where your boundaries are, and what you consider acceptable behavior. Your family, friends, co-workers, church members, neighbors are seeing what you believe is important. What signals are you sending? Are your actions consistent with the words you use?

You as the leader of your family you set the standard of acceptable behavior and you show the world what your convictions truly are. Every person you come in contact with in your personal and professional life, you model what you stand for. At that point you are simultaneously training the people you have contact with and every person they share this experience with. Your span of influence is much greater than you think and the words you use and the actions you model are showing the world who you are.

Ask yourself am I living a life of mixed signals or am I living a life of integrity? 


To view my gallery visit www.billhamiltonmedia.com. All images © Bill Hamilton, All rights reserved, copying and or distributing these images without my permission is strictly prohibited.



No comments:

Post a Comment